The International Congress "Universities of Culture and Arts in International Humanitarian Cooperation: Global Challenges and Strategy of Actions" is held in coordination with the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Belarus within the framework of the cooperation agreement in the field of education, science, cultural and educational activities and creativity between Moscow State Institute of Culture and Belarusian State University of Culture and Arts.
The Congress continues the tradition of international meetings of universities of culture and arts, established by the MSIC in 2007 during the First International Symposium "Universities of Culture and Arts in the Global Education Space". Subsequently, the symposium was successfully held in the Russian Federation, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Republic of Korea, the French Republic and the Republic of Tajikistan. In 2023, it was decided to resume a significant scientific forum in the format of a scientific congress and to hold it in the Republic of Belarus.
This is one of the leading higher education institutions in Belarus in the field of culture, with authoritative scientific and creative schools and a long experience of cooperation with educational institutions in various countries.
The Congress is attended by leaders, scientists and artists representing institutions of culture and the arts from the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Uzbekistan and other countries.
- consolidation of the international community of higher education institutions of culture and the arts as an important component of intercultural dialogue between different countries and peoples.
- to define the principles of international cooperation at the new stage of civilizational development and modernization of all levels of the art and cultural education system;
- to develop proposals for improving educational and cultural policies of states;
- to create intercountry platforms of interaction between higher educational institutions of culture and arts in order to form spiritual and intellectual elites involved in implementing cultural policies;
- to initiate development and implementation of regional and innovative training and retraining programmes for culture and art professionals;
- to establish academic mobility programmes taking into account cross-country educational integration.
The Congress is designed to strengthen the spiritual and creative impact of universities of culture and arts on the process of humanitarian cooperation in Europe and Asia by increasing the fundamental nature of education and its connection with scientific research, fulfilling the humanitarian mission of preserving and broadcasting cultural heritage and folk traditions in a new geopolitical situation.
- Strategic directions for changing education systems in the field of culture and arts in the context of modern geopolitical challenges.
- Formation of a new cultural identity of a person in a changing world.
- Innovative educational practices in the field of culture: an international context.
- Traditions and innovations in university training of artists (by the field of study).
- Cross-country collaboration in arts education.
- Information and library activities in the context of civilizational challenges.
- Inclusive culture and education: finding new approaches.
- Pedagogical technologies for training in socio-cultural activities and folk art and other areas.